BSB: VisionTrack Ducati’s Christian Iddon Leads The Way At Snetterton On Day Two Of The Bennetts British Superbike Testing.
Christian Iddon Topped Today’s Time Sheets At The Snetterton 300 Circuit With Only Two Sessions being completed As The Third Session Was Rained Off.
The first of today’s testing sessions got under-way with dry but cloudy conditions, there were still a few damp patches around the circuit from yesterday’s wet weather conditions. After three laps in it was Ducati’s Oxford Racing Tommy Bridewell who topped the time sheets. FHO Racing BMW’s Peter Hickman had a much better start to proceedings knocking Bridewell off the top position on his sixth lap into the session. BMW rider Andrew Irwin took the top spot with 15 minutes remaining in the session, with a gap of 0.131s from Hickman.
Andrew Irwins team-mate Danny Buchan snatched first place from him with just 0.080s between them, Hickman then stole the lime light off the SYNETIQ BMW Motorrad riders putting his BMW back into the top spot until VisionTrack Ducati’s Christian Iddon put a fast lap of 1:51.328 in and ended the session in top spot, Iddon’s team-mate Josh Brookes sat out of the session. McAms Yamaha rider Jason O’Halloran only managed a tenth place finish with Tarran Mackenzie down in 13th place. FHO’s Racing BMW rider Peter Hickman finished in second place with team-mate Xavi Forés in sixth place. The SYNETIQ BMW duo of Buchan and Irwin finished third and fourth. RICH Energy OMG Racing’s Kyle Ryde finished inside the top ten in seventh place.
Bennetts British Superbike Championship, Snetterton Official Test, Session 1 result:
- Christian Iddon (VisionTrack Ducati) 1m:51.328s
- Peter Hickman (FHO Racing BMW) +0.133s
- Danny Buchan (SYNETIQ BMW) +0.237s
- Andrew Irwin (SYNETIQ BMW) +0.317s
- Tommy Bridewell (Oxford Products Racing Ducati) +0.374s
- Xavi Forés (FHO Racing BMW) +0.801s
- Kyle Ryde (Rich Energy OMG Racing BMW) +0.814s
- Lee Jackson (FS-3 Kawasaki) +1.022s
- Glenn Irwin (Honda Racing) +1.057s
- Jason O’Halloran (McAMS Yamaha) +1.230s
As the second session of the day got under-way the FHO Racing BMW Riders Hickman and Forés made another positive start along side BMW’s Danny Buchan and Andrew Irwin, its was Kyle Ryde who then topped the time sheets early on until the session was red flagged 12 minutes in as iForce Lloyd & Jones BMW rider Joe Francis crashed and was taken to the medical centre. The session re-started with Ryde leading the way until Tommy Bridewell put his Ducati at the top of the timing sheets, with less than one minute to go VisionTrack Ducati’s Christian Iddon went top again to end the session in top spot with a lap time of 1:49.162. Honda UK’s Glenn Irwin finished in fifth place just in front of his brother Andrew. RAF Regular & Reserve Kawasaki’s Ryan Vickers finished in ninth place just in front of fellow Kawasaki rider FS-3 Racing’s Lee Jackson.
Bennetts British Superbike Championship, Snetterton Official Test, Session 2 result:
- Christian Iddon (VisionTrack Ducati) 1m:49.162s
- Tommy Bridewell (Oxford Products Racing Ducati) +0.166s
- Danny Buchan (SYNETIQ BMW) +0.298s
- Kyle Ryde (Rich Energy OMG Racing BMW) +0.357s
- Peter Hickman (FHO Racing BMW) +0.413s
- Glenn Irwin (Honda Racing) +0.486s
- Andrew Irwin (SYNETIQ BMW) +0.575s
- Xavi Forés (FHO Racing BMW) +0.658s
- Ryan Vickers (RAF Regular & Reserve Kawasaki) +0.694s
- Lee Jackson (FS-3 Kawasaki) +1.081s
For the final instalment of the day for the Superbike Class, it was under damp conditions as rain had started to fall in sectors of the circuit, as a result all of the riders decided not to take part in the third and final session of the day. So it’s VisionTrack Ducati’s Christian Iddon who ends the day with the fastest lap time of 1:49.162. Testing resumes tomorrow morning for the final day at the Snetterton 300 Circuit.
Featured Image: Bennetts British Superbikes.